Skip to content

Exciting News for Apocaps

Updated: October 8th, 2018

When a new approach to medical issues is found, many steps must be completed before it can be officially used for any medical problem.

To bring a new contenter all the way to FDA approval, it is estimated that it takes about 15 years and (as a very low estimate) about 50 million dollars.

This is one of the reasons it is hard to get new treatments out.

Seriously, how many people have the resources, and the commitment, to push this through to the end?

Very few.  Even getting to clinical trials is a major accomplishment, let alone a new pharmaceutical approved by the FDA.

We have received two pieces of very good news concerning some of the ideas presented in The Dog Cancer Survival Guide.

First, I have been receiving telephone calls from oncologists around the country who are interested in the ideas presented in the Guide.

They like the fact that there are new approaches to cancer with a real clinical foundation that they can use for their patients.

Another plus is that many of the leaders in conventional veterinary care are now realizing the importance of the environment within the body, not simply the disease (the “target” of conventional veterinary care).

A second piece of news is that we have received a grant from the Federal Government under the Qualifying Therapeutic Discovery Project.  The grant was awarded following a rigorous application process.

This is great because it means that eventually, by using the ideas presented in The Dog Cancer Survival Guide, we may be able to help humans as well as pets with cancer.

Although this is encouraging, more funding is needed.  If you have interest or know somebody who would like to become involved in this project, please comment on this blog post!

1. Margaret Sheehy on August 18, 2018 at 2:39 am

My dog Sadie has a rare esophageal mast cell tumor diagnosed 3 weeks ago at a specialty animal hospital, after numerous tests and screenings. The symptoms came on suddenly so it was a complete shock. I was devastated with the news as it is inoperable. Against initial misgivings, she is on Palladia and is exhibiting -0- side effects from it. She is also on 10 mg of Prednisone daily as well as OTC Benadryl, Pepcid AC. I bought the Dog Cancer Guide and converted to a home cooked diet, supplementing with Apocaps. I have not been giving her the full dose due to the Prednisone advisory. Had her recheck yesterday. Vet was visibly shocked at how healthy and vibrant she was. For her weight, 3 Apocaps twice a day is dosage. I have been giving her 1 with meal, am and pm. Is this too much? Not enough? Oncologist said to keep doing whatever I’m doing, just wanted to make sure I’m optimizing the benefits.

• DogCancerBlog on August 20, 2018 at 6:13 am

Hello Margaret, thanks for writing and we are so sorry to hear about Sadie. It sounds like she has an amazing guardian looking out for her :-). We are not veterinarians here in customer support so we can’t offer you medical advice, however, we have some general thoughts for you based on Dr. Dressler’s writing. 🙂

In the Dog Cancer Survival Guide, Dr. D says that if you’re dog is on Prednisone, you should drop the dose of Apocaps down to one-quarter or half of the recommended full strength dose, which is listed on page 168, of the Dog Cancer Survival Guide and on the label of the Apocaps bottle.

If your dog’s recommended full strength dose of Apocaps is 3 capsules twice a day– 6 capsules in total– then, according to Dr. D’s precautions, your dog on prednisone should have between 1.5 capsules (quarter of the full-strength dose) and 3 capsules (half of the full strength dose) of Apocaps per day. (There can be an increased risk of GI upset when two anti-inflammatories are given at the same time).

Your veterinarian or oncologist will be able to give you advice on whether to give a quarter or half strength dose based on your dog’s specific requirements and current treatment plan– you should always follow your veterinarian’s dosage recommendations 🙂 In the meantime, it would be conservative to drop the dose of Apocaps to half or one-quarter the labeled dose.

We hope this helps Margaret!

• Margaret Sheehy on August 20, 2018 at 8:56 am

Alright. I read that dose adjustment in book and have been giving her one in am and one pm (1/3 full dose) she’s thankfully not exhibiting any gastro-intestinal issues from any of the Meds and her two week check after starting Palladia had Oncologist stunned at how great she looked. Blood panel was also good with no concerns. I’m holding my breath we can keep going in this direction. I do believe the Apocaps are playing a part as well as her diet. Thanks for the reply.

2. Christian-Frederick Mattner on February 11, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Apocaps saved my life.
    Humane medication prepared & approved for canine use //only// did eleminate my squemish cell carcinoma of tonsil & throat tumors = head & neck cancer.
    My intake is 3×3 dragees daily. The tumors have completely gone. Iam continuing my self treatment– due to freshly diagnosed primary lung cancer. Ikeep you informed.

3. S Wilson on November 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Could there be a connection between mast cell tumors and what now appears to be severe allergies (6 yr old lab) which have both been present for over a year and a half?

4. Rosemarie Gaglione on November 22, 2010 at 6:39 am

I would like information on being involved in the study. I’ve been battling MSTs on my dog.

Scroll To Top