Help Stop Dog Cancer!
What if we could prevent canine cancer? We don’t have all the answers yet when it comes to cancer in dogs, but we hope to learn a lot more through a new study—The Golden Retriever Lifetime Study.
This will be an observational study that will look into how to treat and prevent cancer, along with other canine diseases. The participants in this study will be Golden Retrievers, but The Golden Retriever Lifetime Study will hopefully help all dogs to lead healthier, longer lives.
Want to join in the fight against canine cancer? If you have a Golden Retriever, your dog could join the study and be a hero!
Here’s a video:
This study is pretty easy for dogs and their owners to participate in, too, as the main duties will be filling out questionnaires (by the owner, of course) and going to regular check-ups at the vet.
Qualifications to Sign up for the Study:
- Golden Retriever owners must be over 18 years old and reside in the contiguous United States in order to participate.
- Golden Retrievers mustbe healthy, and less than two years old.
- Golden Retrievers also must have a three-generation pedigree.
This study is funded by Morris Animal Foundation, a nonprofit working to improve animal health as much as possible. Morris has helped to:
- Create the first parvovirus vaccine for dogs
- Develop treatments for dogs with heart problems
- Discover better diets for dogs with kidney disease
This is a guest post by Katie F. on behalf of Morris Animal Foundation. I am happy to be able to help provide useful information about animal healthcare to animal-lovers. Visit Morris Animal Foundation to learn more about the animal health research that Morris Animal Foundation participates in.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®