Staging: Staging is the evaluation of a cancer to determine how far it has spread or metastasized. Diagnostic tests used to stage cancer may include lymph node aspirates, lymph node biopsies, chest X-rays, abdominal ultrasounds, CT or MRI scans, and occasionally bone marrow or internal organ aspirates and/or biopsies. Generally, the lower the stage number (stage one, for example), the more likely the cancer is to respond to treatment and therefore have a better prognosis.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®