Primary Health Advocate: In Full Spectrum cancer care, I urge every guardian to take this leadership role (discussed on page 254 of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide). I do this because we do not yet have a cure for systemic cancer, and vets and oncologists are usually unable to provide a treatment recommendation that will yield a cure. With this sad fact in mind, it’s logical that the guardian needs to be active in decision-making. After all, only the guardian can take into account what may be gained with treatment and balance it against life quality concerns, age of the dog, personal values, available time, and financial resources. As primary health advocates, guardians have the eventual final responsibility for all health care decisions. Reading this book will prepare you to become your dog’s primary health advocate and conduct your own Treatment Plan Analysis.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®