Oncology: Oncology literally means “the study of cancer.” This word is commonly used to describe the conventional veterinary approach to cancer care. Three primary treatment tools are used: surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. Other possible tools include some nutritional support and more recently, genetic therapy and immunotherapy. While oncology has some success with certain kinds of cancer at certain stages, outcomes are generally not as desirable as those associated with other medical conditions (for example, treating infections).
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®