Metronomic Chemotherapy: A relatively new approach to chemotherapy, which doesn’t attempt to kill cancer cells directly (like maximum tolerated dose does), but instead attempts to cut them off from their supply of oxygen and nutrition. Low doses of drugs are given on a regular basis to target the lining of the blood vessels feeding the tumor. This can stop the tumor from building new blood vessels (angiogenesis). Some tumors may stop growing, while others may shrink. The low doses mean that the normal tissues of the body are rarely affected, and side effects greatly reduced. See page 137 of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide for more details.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®