Margin: This refers to the area of normal-seeming tissue surrounding a tumor that has been removed during a biopsy or other surgery. This area may contain microscopic cancer cells, so, a pathologist examines it during a comprehensive margin evaluation. If the margins are narrow (one or two millimeters), malignant tumors are more likely to recur. For this reason, wide margins of two to three centimeters are preferred.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®