Biopsy: A surgery that removes a tumor, or a sample of a tumor, for the purpose of cancer diagnosis. The specimen is submitted to a pathologist, where special processing and examination of the tissue yields a classification of the cancer (or lack thereof). Because of the time it takes to properly prepare and examine biopsies, the results are usually not available for at least five days, and often not for as long as ten days.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®