Acupuncture: The use of needles to stimulate certain points on the body. The model used in this system involves regulating the energy flow (“chi” or “ki”) in sites or pathways in the body (“meridians”). Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), a complex medical system with thousands of years of history. Some conventional and many alternative veterinarians use acupuncture for cancer treatments, pain relief, reducing nausea, and its many other benefits. TCM is very different from western medicine, so Dr. Dressler recommends finding a veterinarian who has been licensed to perform acupuncture if you want to explore this system’s benefits.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®