If you and your dog are facing an amputation, or have just gone through one, you need to join Tripawds, the community website for three legged dogs and cats.
Dogs dealing with osteosarcoma or any other cancer that may require an amputation can really be helped by this incredible community. Their free library of resources are awesome, their discussion forums are invaluable, and their general optimistic, supportive attitude is heaven-sent. They make gear recommendations, review books, and generally make life easier (and more reassuring) for anyone dealing with amputation. They even have a toll-free support helpline.
And if you want to make a contribution to a charity in memory of your own pup, their foundation is a great way to help others in need.
Molly Jacobson is a writer and also the editor of The Dog Cancer Survival Guide, published by Maui Media. A lifelong dog lover and self-professed dog health nerd, she is all too familiar with dog cancer. She has been supporting readers of this blog since the beginning. Molly earned a BA from Tufts University, and after a career in bookselling and book publishing attended The Swedish Institute to become a licensed massage therapist in New York State, licensed by the medical board. Her fascination with health is both personal and global, and she is most proud of how this site and the associated publications have revolutionized not only our approach to dog health, but our own health.
Discover the Full Spectrum Approach to Dog Cancer
- The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: Paperback | eBook
- FREE Excerpted eBook from The Dog Cancer Survival Guide: The Dog Cancer Diet
- The Dog Cancer Coping Guide: CD | MP3
- Dr. Dressler's in-depth audio seminars: Dog Cancer Vet Seminar Series
- Online Dog Cancer Shop for Supplements and Gear Powered by Amazon, Curated by Us: US | UK/EU
- Dr. Dressler's Nutraceuticals on Amazon: EverPup® | Apocaps®